Surrey Systems Business Continuity services.
Most businesses make the mistake of assuming that Business Continuity planning is covered by taking regular backups. This is not the case. Backups are important but not sufficient.
Business Continuity includes the planning and preparation to ensure that the business’s critical functions can continue despite a serious incident or disaster that would otherwise have interrupted them, or if they have been interrupted will be recovered to an operational state within a short time.
Business continuity includes three key components:
- Resilience: critical business functions and the supporting infrastructure are designed and engineered in such a way that they are unaffected by most disruptions
- Recovery: arrangements are made to recover or restore critical and less critical business functions that fail for some reason.
- Contingency: the organization establishes a capability and readiness to cope effectively with whatever major incidents and disasters occur. Contingency preparations are a last-resort response if resilience and recovery arrangements should fail.
Without an effective Business Continuity plan the business may fail as a result of the major incident or disaster.
Business Continuity is a form of insurance, which for many businesses is a requirement question is facing a rather severe threat or disruption that may lead to bankruptcy, the implementation and outcome, if not too late, may strengthen the organization’s survival and its continuity of business activities.
- Surrey Systems can help businesses define and achieve their Business Continuity goals by applying industry best practice including the following international stadards:
- ISO/IEC 27031:2011
- ISO 22313
- ISO 22301
- ITIL Service Continuity Management